Badir Incubator for Information and Communication Technology was established at the end of 2008 to support and develop the sector of information and communication technology in the Kingdom. It was the first incubator created by the Badir Program for Technology Incubators -affiliated to the King Abdul Aziz City for Science and Technology- to augment the growth of contemporary ventures within the sector of information and communication technology in the Kingdom.
Scope of work:
- Computers and communication devices.
- Infrastructure of information and communication technology.
- Software and Solutions.
- Smart phone applications.
To be a business incubator on a global level providing excellent services in business development and creating an enabling environment for creativity , development , and promotion of the industry of information and communication technology in the Kingdom.
To stimulate economic growth, employment, and skills development through entrepreneurship, project development, and marketing in the field of information and communication technology.
- Assist in the early stages of the business start-up and development, which are classified as one of the most difficult stages.
- Stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship in the field of information and communications technology.
- Find investment opportunities in the sector of information and communications technology.
- Encourage and develop the information and communications technology industry in the Kingdom.
- Contribute to new career opportunities.
- Assist in the development of business plans that correspond with each individual project.
- Arrange workshops in diverse topics to develop the client's individual skills.
- Provide legal, administrative, and marketing consultations.
- Develop the skills in marketing research.
- Build relationships with commercial entities in the Saudi commercial market and globally.
- Assist in the development of corporate strategies.
- Assist in finding financial aid and facilitating access to sources of financial support.
- Constant follow-up and support for the development and success of the project.
- Provide the opportunity for current incubatees to participate in relevant exhibitions and conferences.
Badir Incubator for Information and Communication Technology provides clients with residency possibilities free of charge along with a wide range of services, including:
- Provide offices for men and women while preserving discretion and privacy.
- Basic office equipment (desk, seats, cabinets).
- Telecommunications services and high-speed Internet.
- Seminars and conference room facilities.
- Video conferencing facilities.
- Maintenance and cleaning services.
- Access to the building 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Provide open area for recreational purposes open from 8 am to 12 pm including:
- An open office area and computers for temporary use
- A small library that includes books specializing in entrepreneurship, management, technology and communication, as well as others fields
- An LCD screen with satellite sport channels, including an electronic game room with comfortable seats.
- Small conference room for business meetings equipped with an LCD projector.
- A multi- purpose printer.
- Self-service machines for hot or cold beverages and light snacks.
- The project should be in the field of technology and based on innovation.
- The idea of the project should be feasible.
- The entrepreneur should have developed a financing plan and should know the market and have an understanding of the existing competition.
- There should be a harmony among the members of the team who should have an administrative background.
- The entrepreneur should have clearly stated the chances of success of his project.
- The project should be comprised of no less than 51% of Saudi nationals.